Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Goodbye, Summer


This has been an amazing summer. I really, really don't want it to end.

I asked Maggie to tell me about this summer. She summed it up in one word: TRIPS.

We took some amazing trips this summer. I love to travel, so it was perfect. I don't know that it was so much fun for Patrick. He likes his routine, like most 2 year olds do, but he did fairly well.

I really am having a hard time even remembering all of the trips that we took.

We went to the Grand Canyon with the Monroes. That was an amazing time. I hope we continue to travel with them and let our kids have fun together. Steven and his guys are going back next summer to hike the Grand Canyon for his 40th birthday.

Then, we went to Ashland, Ohio for National Conference. It was really a great growing time and confirming that the ministry we are doing here is what we are supposed to be doing. This year, the kids got to go with us and had a blast too.

From there, we went to Destin to meet my family at the beach. WHoo hoo! I loved it. We went to the beach and swam every day. Maggie taught herself how to swim this summer. She is a determined little girl. We went on an amazing yacht and had a great time just hanging out.

Steven went on two trips during the past two weeks that we didn't go on, but we had fun at home. Maggie went to the zoo with Memaw and Nah Nah. And we went to the Jelly Belly factory with some of Steven's college friends.

So, school starts tomorrow.

I am going to miss our ability to go on a whim. But, Maggie is beyond excited about school starting. She is with her BFF and has the same teacher that she had last year.

Next summer, maybe we should stay home and relax.

Nah....we have more places to see.

No comments: