Today, I turned 32. Some highlights from my birthday celebration!
1. Maggie's kindergarten class singing Happy birthday to me!
2. Maggie telling me that she will love me no matter how old I get.
3. Waking up at 6:30 a.m. to a precious little boy. I couldn't be mad at him for waking me up so early. He's too cute!
4. Going to the pumpkin patch. Not doing one thing that I chose to do, but having a blast with my family and watching them have fun. Wow, I'm old. Steven called me Clark Griswold for choosing a family event for my birthday celebration!
5. Having the waiter make me a special dessert at Olive Gardent tonight. It was 2 thin mints covered in whipped cream and a cherry. Interesting...
6. Maggie telling us that her favorite smells of all time is the smell of wet paint and new books.
7. Watching Steven climb on to the giant blow up thing with Maggie because she was scared to go by herself. He was the only dad out there on the bouncy thing.
8.Knowing my husband tried to keep the babies asleep a little longer this morning so I could sleep. He got up at 5:30 and fed Patrick so maybe he would sleep a little longer.
9. Seeing two cutie red heads on a ginormous pumpkin at the pumpkin patch. Trying not to cry as my heart was very grateful for our 2 little ones.
10. Having coffee/donuts for breakfast with good friends!
Sunday, October 18, 2009
As most of you know, I love me some freebies. Through MomSelect, I recently received some freebies from Walt Disney Parks to celebrate their "year of celebration".
We had a blast with the disney balloons and supplies that they shared with us.
If you would like to host some Disney themed parties, be sure to check out this website. There are some great ideas.
Friday, October 9, 2009
Whatever tops the list. However, my most hated phrase is number 3. I hate the phrase "it is what it is". Well, duh. Of course, it is. It's just an excessively annoying phrase. I'm glad others agree with me!
Monday, October 5, 2009
I wish I could freeze days like today. I wish I could stop time and keep days like today on back up for those days that aren't that great.
I have 2 beautiful kids who look just like me and Steven. They are joyful and happy and LOVE each other so much. Our little boy lights up and smiles like crazy when Maggie comes in the room. I was sitting on the bed talking about something unpleasant when Maggie ran in my room. She jumped on me and started kissing me and tickling me.
Then, we went in the other room and our little boy smiled and cooed. I fed him his bottle until he snuggled in my arms and fell asleep. Maggie took pictures of everyone in our house and everything in our house while I was feeding him.
Amanda stopped by tonight and everyone rejoiced. Maggie was ecstatic to see her. Willie ran to the door and barked about seeing Bella before they even walked in. I was overjoyed for someone to hold our little boy so I could put finishing touches on our dinner.
We had bible study tonight. I feel like I get so much out of it. We have a great group that prays together and opens up about life. I'm thankful for Sandy and Tanya.
The weather is so nice. It's cooled off and it's fun walking to school in the morning. She loves going to school and has made some great friends. She has a friend who is her BESTEST friend. They are so much alike, but even get along and don't fight during playdates.
Wait, I'm off topic.
Today was a great day. I love my family. I'm thankful to Jesus for giving me many ordinary days like today.