Thursday, August 21, 2008

Scrapbooking

If you know me,you know that I love to scrapbook. One of the things that we have to do before our meeting with the adoption caseworker is to put together a family scrapbook. This is to present our family to the caseworkers who decide where to place a child. I want it to be good! The supervisor is a scrapbooker, so I want to impress.

The only problem is that the pictures have to represent our family, but not be identifying in any way. This is to protect our family and keep our location confidential. It's going to be hard to do.

Any suggestions on pictures to take or include that don't let people know where we live?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is hard. I'm assuming you are to show pictures of yourselves, but not any identification of where you live. Is that right? What about doing activities, picnic, hiking, swimming, playing at a park. Crafting together, playing games, decorating cupcakes or something along those lines. Vacation pictures. Pics with pets. Can you use extended family pictures (grandmothers, aunts, uncles, cousings)? I don't know...perhaps I'm off base here. I'll think some more on it. I'm sure you'll do a great job Beth!

Bug said...

How about pictures of your reading to Maggie before bedtime? Or playing ball with her outside in the backyard?
Memaw

Anonymous said...

I thought of a few more ideas. Playing dress up, maggie doing something silly to Stephen like fixing his hair or putting makeup on him, pic of you guys having a meal at your dining table or maybe enjoying some ice cream or treat. Do you guys have any family traditions that you do weekly or every so often? movie nights or playdates or something. That might be a fun page to focus on. Ok gotta go finish packing, we're leaving in 2 hrs!