Monday, August 18, 2008

Pregnancy Center

Last spring, I was asked to apply to be on the Pregnancy Center board. I wasn't sure if it was something I wanted to commit to, but I decided to put in my resume. I was accepted and the first board meeting is next month. I'm a little nervous, I've never been on a formal board before, I'm usually a volunteer.

Today, I met with the director. It was such a great thing to see. They are all volunteers and working so hard to serve the women in our community. And trying to show them the love of Jesus at the same time. It was amazing.

I am so excited about serving with them. Our ladies' group is trying to find a way to serve with them, so I went and got some great ideas and ways to serve at the center.

It's just not an organization that I knew a lot about, but I'm proud that it's in Manteca. These ladies are an inspiration. They are using their time and energy and money to provide for women in bad situations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's great Beth!