Sunday, January 9, 2011

One minute

Patrick doesn't say a lot of words. I mean, he's on par with babies his age, it's just that we are used to the talking queen who was telling us what to do at 2 months old. So, this less vocal child is different to us.

He does understand a lot. We can tell him something and he nods and does what we ask him to do. Well, most of the time, he does what we ask hi to do. Sometimes, he emerges with a trash can and Minnie Mouse stuffed in the trash can. But, that's for another blog.

On Friday, we came home around 1:00 and I didn't immediately put him down for a nap. I let him wander into the living room while I put up my jacket/purse. I went to the hall and said "Patrick, it's naptime. Are you ready for your nap?". He came out to me and babbled something for about a minute. The babble ended with him holding up his finger at me.

Just like I do to Maggie or Patrick when I'm saying "just one minute".

I asked him if he needed one more minute.

He nodded and went to his cars in the living room. He played for a bit. Then, I asked him if he was ready for naptime.

He nodded yes and led me to his room while holding my hand.

I guess he can communicate with us.