Monday, August 12, 2013

This makes me so happy

Tonight, Maggie asked me if she could use my dollhouse for her American girl mini dolls. I was thrilled by this. My mom and dad made me a dollhouse for Christmas when I was ten years old. I loved it so much. It even had working lights. I was always searching for miniatures in stores and creating things for my dollhouse.

I have held on to it since that time. Every move, I would have to decide if I was going to hold on to it. Maggie didn't show any interest in it at all, but I couldn't get rid of it.

Tonight, we got out my old furniture and tiny pieces and decorated the dollhouse. She has created a few things for her mini dolls and they are just the right size for the dollhouse. I don't know who was more excited about it.

We played and rearranged pieces. It's kind of neglected and needs paint and wallpaper. She even let Patrick play with it for a little while. She hugged me and thanked me about one million times before she went to bed tonight.

After she went to bed, I started researching ideas for what to do next with our dollhouse project. I'm so excited!

No comments: