Saturday, August 17, 2013

Napping

I have a confession. I take a nap almost every day. It sounds so decedant, doesn't it? I mean, I'm an adult. Why am I taking an afternoon nap? It started at the beginning of the summer. I bribed Patrick with a chance to take a nap in my bed and I would lay down with him. Yeah, ever since then, I have been napping too.

I used to never be able to sleep during the middle of the day. I would be dead tired, but I couldn't relax enough to go to sleep. Well, that has changed. As soon as my eyes close, I'm out. I sleep an hour with Patrick and we wake up and go get Maggie from school.

The weird thing is that it hasn't changed my bedtime. I hope I didn't just jinx myself there. I can still go to sleep at the same time at night even when I take a nap.

I know my mom will find this ironic. I was the kid who never wanted to sleep. I just couldn't. In fact, in Mrs. Garrison's Kindergarten class, we were supposed to take a nap every day. I couldn't.

The only time I ever got in trouble in Kindergarten was during nap time. I got a message on my Snoopy behavior chart each week that I wouldn't sleep. In fact, I would "wiggle during naptime". Yep, I'm a rebel. I wiggled during nap time. Can you imagine? A 5 year old doing that?

I guess I'm making up for all that lost nap time. What will I do when Patrick gives up his nap? I'm not ready to give up my naptime yet?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So it won't be weird when I want to take a nap at your house in a few weeks then? Perfect!

beth said...

Nope. We'll encourage it. Everyone is happier after a nap!