Friday, August 9, 2013

Bittersweet

School started for some members of the Cole family this week.

This was the first summer that I have been at home full time with both kids. I had an easy summer school schedule and decided that I would risk it all. I would stay home with the kids and not send them to any type of daycare. I might have lost my mind when I made that decision.

But, it was a great summer. We swam and went to the movies and celebrated Patrick's birthday. We went to Seattle and went to the most amazing water park in Livermore. The kids colored and played wall ball in the front yard. They stayed up too late and slept even later in the morning. It was just a good summer.

I am such an introvert and the constant conversations and interrupting and yelling started to drive me a little cray cray towards the end. I crave some time alone, so I can't say that I am sad that summer is over. I missed my time at starbucks.

But, it just feels bittersweet. I know that this time is short. I know that I will miss it someday.School provides structure and consistency and that feels good to me. But, sleeping late is nice too.

Patrick started preschool at Maggie's school this year. I have been a nervous wreck, but he went in and has had a blast. I can already see such a difference in him. He's the tallest kid in his class and he's so cute with his huge backpack.



And Maggie is loving her 4th grade class. She and her BFF are in the same class again and all is right in the world.

It's going to be a great year.

No comments: