Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The scale

I have been trying to be really good with my eating. I have been very focused especially while Steven is gone. But, I get on the scale and see no movement at all. I get all frustrated and beat myself up. Why? It's just a number right?

So, yesterday afternoon, I hid my scale in my closet. Yep, I hid it from myself.

This morning, I felt so lost. I think I have weighed myself every morning since I was in college. I didn't know what to do. I kept thinking that I should go get it out of the closet. How dumb is that? Does it matter if the scale shows a lower number? Didn't I eat well yesterday? Why does it matter? I went round and round in my head.

After I left the house, I continued to think about it. So, I think the scale needs to stay in the closet. Maybe get it out once a week or something and check, but I am addicted to weighing myself. Who knew I was so trapped by it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

man me too. I even find myself checking it 2 or 3 times a day occasionally. Sick. I do make it a point never weigh in front of the kids. Certainly don't want them doing it. I beat myself up over everything I eat. But I don't think I am as strong as you! I'd be digging it out tomorrow morning lol. sad sad sad

Bug said...

Beeeettttthhhhh.......
This is your scale calling.....
I'm lonely here in your closet. I miss you. I miss the feel of your bare feet on my face. I feel trapped in here with all these shoes.....come get me.

Sindivit yours,
Your scale
P.S. Sindivit is the word verification at the bottom of this page.

beth said...

I caved this morning. Luckily, it was a loss, but if I would have checked it everyday, I wouldn't have even noticed, because I go up and down so much everyday. Maybe if I just weighed every few days, I would notice the changes more.

Anonymous said...

sigh...the POWER of the scale....

Yay for the loss! Your mom cracks me up!!!

beth said...

no, my mom is bizarre