Friday, March 27, 2009

A good day

Yesterday morning I woke up in a funk. I was just tired of doing this on my own. Tired of trying to fill up each day so Maggie wouldn't get too bored and start really missing Steven. I just wanted to stay in bed and watch mind numbing shows til Saturday.

But, I got up anyway and got going. We were going to see my friend's new baby. He was born last week. Maggie was so excited!! We stopped to get some coffee (chocolate milk) at the coffee shop on the way there and I felt a little better.But, still what was I going to do with the rest of the day? I decided to just take each moment as it came and enjoy myself.

So, off to see the new baby. He was so adorable.Chunky cheeks and just perfect! I caught up with his mom and Maggie played with their puppy. It was a really nice visit. I'm so happy for my friend.

We left and headed for lunch at McDonald's. On the way there, I had a brilliant idea! CHICK FIL A! I turned the car around and drove 45 minutes for that chicken-y goodness.

Maggie and I ate it up. We talked to the manager. He said that they are planning to build a CFA in Modest0 (15 minutes away) sometime soon. She played in the playground for a little while. Then, we went to a couple of party stores to look for HSM birthday party stuff.

Then, we drove home listening to our "Jesus music" as Maggie calls it. It was just a gorgeous day and a fun day to be driving.

We got home and Maggie got out the new sidewalk chalk. She wrote welcome home messages for Steven and I cleaned out my car. After she finished, we just sat in the grass and enjoyed the sun. I came inside and got a really nice message from a friend and then we went and washed my car. Maggie was so excited that she called everyone to tell them about our brand new car!!

It was just a great day. It was such a drastic difference from the one that I thought was going to happen when I woke up. It was one of the days that I am so thankful to be a mom at home with Maggie. There are days when I wish I was working. There are times when the money that I could be making would really help things out. But, we were able to just hang out and play and have a good time together.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Chick-fil-a is ALWAYS the way to go. It brings the south here :)

Bug said...

Chick-Fil-A
I could eat there seven times a day
Where the people laugh and children play
Oh, I'm in love with Chick-fil-A
Suddenly, I need waffle fries in front of me
With some nuggets and a large sweet tea
Oh, I'm in love with Chick-fil-A!
Gralina,
Memaw