Thursday, December 8, 2011

Willie T. Johnson


This is a picture from a few years ago when Maggie was trying to teach Willie how to talk like Martha on "Martha Speaks".

Willie is really not doing well and it's breaking my heart. I know that he is "just a dog" and a lot of people don't understand. But, I love this stinky, silly dog. He was initially doing better, but now it's setting in that he's not going to be around much longer.

I watch him breath to see if his chest is still going up and down. Sometimes I wish that he wasn't breathing anymore. I know that he would not be hurting anymore. That is hard to write down.

He has been through so much with our family. He was supposed to be put down as a puppy and he was given a chance. He's taken that chance at life to extremes. He survived a house fire, a cross country move, he was hit by a car, he has put up with 4 different cats and he has loved Maggie and Patrick.

My favorite thing about Willie is how protective he is of babies. If there is a baby in the house, he goes and sits by it.

We used to live in a busy neighborhood with a fence that wire fence in the backyard. He would jump on his hind legs all around the fence to see all the people walking by like a very large rabbit.

He has been a great dog and I already miss him.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: