Thursday, September 1, 2011

Homework Center

A couple of weeks ago, I saw this idea on Family Fun. I immediately pinned it to my pinterest board (cause I'm obsessed) and thought that I would do it "someday".

http://familyfun.go.com/magazine/familyfun-magazine-archive/familyfun-september-2009/homework-central-787551/2/


Doesn't this make homework look fun?

The more I thought about it, I decided that I needed to go ahead and make it. And by that I meant, my mom needed to help me tackle this project.

I bought a trifold board from Wal*Mart for about 8 dollars.


I found some sticky dry erase posters there too. I think they were about 4 dollars. They weren't necessary for this project, but it added some color and who doesn't love a dry erase marker? Especially if you are 7?

We used sticky double tape to put down cardstock pages. Then on some of those pages, we hotglued clothes pins. Then she could clip important papers onto the board.

My mom printed out a number line. I wrote down the alphabet to help with pesky alphabetizing homework sheets.

We hot glued some post it notes onto the board.

We also hot glued another dry erase board. Just for fun.

The last thing on the front side was clothes pins with a pencil holder. We put crayons, pencils, a pencil sharpener, tape, glue sticks and a pair of scissors. This was to eliminate the mad search for pencils when she started her homework.

On the back, we glued down a folder. This holds a world map that is laminated and her homework folder from school. She keeps it with her during the week and returns it on Friday.

From Drop Box



From Drop Box


She loved it. She plays school with it a lot.

I can't say that it has revolutionized the way that homework is tackled at our house. But, it was a fun project. It keeps all of her stuff together, too.

I would say overall this project was around $15-$20. I used a lot of stuff that we already had at home to complete this.

No comments: