Tuesday, July 1, 2008

flip flops

Okay, I'm kind of torn about this. Steven and I are watching what not to wear. There's a girl who loves flip flops. Clinton just said" flip flops give the impression that you just don't care about yourself and you've given up". Steven made me watch this part twice. He said that Maggie and I only wear flip flops.

I don't know what to think about this. I admit that I just don't dress very nicely right now. I work from home and where do I go? To the park? To the coffee shop? I wear shorts and flip flops. Clinton and Stacy would say that I should care about the way that I look. It gives the impression that I care more about myself. But, it seems weird to wear nice clothes to run errands and go to Target. Besides, it involves a sense of style and money to do that.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You should care...I do!

Tiff Niff said...

There's nothing wrong with flip flops!!!!!! I will not accept any other answer!!!!!!!

Bug said...

Well, I agree that dress pants and sandals look better for running around. HOWEVER, I don't think that wearing shorts and flip flops to the park is making any statement except -- I AM AT THE PARK WITH MY KID.l

Brandy said...

Hmmm...well, I personally love flip-flops. I think I have over 20 pair lol! Kris comments about me having so many. But he likes them too. As a matter of fact, Kris's fav. thing for me to wear is a t-shirt, jeans or cargo pants, baseball cap and flipflops. What about cute dressy flip-flops?! I wear those with outfits all the time! Typically, I TRY to dress cute when I'm out and about. Cute capris or shorts with a cute top. There is no way that even small heels have any place in my wardrobe unless I'm on a date-night (which happens about once every 2 years) or to church. With 3 kids 7 and under it's just NOT feasible for me. But I do wear ballet flats and other summer-y shoes as well.