Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My smart girl

Last night, I was in a funk. I have been deep cleaning Maggie's room and the rest of the house is suffering. I know, I know, there are so many bigger issues in life. It's just that it really stresses me out. I can't get on top of things and it just adds to my stress.

I was lamenting all this to Steven last night and Maggie was playing on my iPad. After my rant, I decided on go back to Maggie's room and work some more. I told Maggie to come with me and woke on it together.

We got back to her room and we were working in decluttering. I want to really declutter each room and have started in her room.

She said, "mommy, you really shouldnt stress out so much. It is not good for your health. Yesterday, I got frustrated at school and worried during star testing. My tummy started hurting and I felt like I was going to throw up. It is just not good for you."

It hit me hard. Here was my 8 year old telling me to relax. I struggle with handling stress. I don't do it well and it really is effecting my health.

She smiled and hugged me and said that she didn't want me to feel sick over stuff.

I love that girl. She is wise.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I can 100% relate to this Beth. I am the same way. Aidan will often interrupt me in a "meltdown" and wrap his arms around me and tell me that I need a hug. He's exactly right. Makes me slow down and check myself.