Monday, May 11, 2009

Starting again....

I joined weight watchers online last night. again. for the 3rd time. Is the 3rd time really the charm?

I just really want to be healthy. Honestly, I am quite comfortable at my weight. I've been here for so long. My jeans fit because I buy this size. I've bought this size for a really long time.

But, it's not a healthy weight. It keeps my blood pressure at a borderline level. I am exhausted. I want to nap every day at 3 p.m. I keep thinking that if I was exercising and eating better, I wouldn't want to hit the couch and sleep away the afternoon.

I want Maggie to have a healthy mommy. I want to be a mommy who is active and has energy to do things with her, even at 3 p.m. in the afternoon.

I feel a little discouraged. I have tried so many times before and I've failed. What makes this time different? Honestly, I don't know.

I am just hoping that it's different this time. I told Maggie that I was trying to eat healthy and exercise. She is so proud and told me that she wants to eat healthy too. She asked for an apple tonight and asks me questions about healthy food all day long.

I don't want to pass on my unhealthy habits to her. I think that if she sees me doing the right thing than maybe she will grow up and have different habits.

Maybe this try will be different?

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Beth you are going to do great! I think it is wonderful that you want to be a "better" mommy for Maggie even though everyone knows you are already wonderful! But I will be cheering for you!

Bug said...

Well, you've convinced me. I've tried a zillion times, too and nothing has changed because I don't keep it up. If you and Maggie are eating apples instead of ice cream and cookies, I can, too. If you can be a good influence on Maggie. I can, too. YES WE CAN. (ugh, I can't believe I just said that.)
Mosank,
Memawl