Sunday, January 13, 2013

Fat is not a feeling

So, this topic has been smacking me around lately. Especially in my inner thoughts. I think about it constantly. I think about how I feel and how I look way too much lately.

I guess it's because it's January and isn't everyone supposed to start a diet in January.

 I started a diet on January 2nd and ate perfectly for one week. At the end of that week, I happily jumped on the scale and saw that I gained a pound.

 It made me so mad. It depressed me. I thought about that number on the scale all day. I was so upset. This made me more upset. Why does a number bother me that much?

 I have started really trying to examine my thoughts about my weight and being fat. This morning, I ate breakfast and I felt full after I ate.

 It immediately started the negative thoughts. Why did I eat so much? Why don't I have enough will power to stop? But...why? I didn't overeat. I was just full.

Why did this start those negative feelings? And, here's the biggie for me. What am I passing on to my daughter? What if I pass on this evil-ness to her?

 I read this article today.  fat talk

I'm not the only one out there dealing with this. I love the Tri Delts in this article that stop the fat talk for one week. It really raises awareness about this phenomenon in women.

 I feel like this is the beginning of a journey to start liking me.

No comments: