Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Paging Dr. Cole

Steven called me today with some excellent news. He applied for a scholarship to get his doctorate degree and (pending a few things) he got the scholarship. He is going to start taking doctorate level classes in the fall and he got a big scholarship to help pay for it.

I met him at the parking lot before I went to get Patrick and I told him how proud I was of him. He has started taking his leveling classes already. He gets up before the rest of us to study and read. He goes to bed early now so he can get up earlier. It is not a burden on our time as a family for him to be in school and I appreciate him doing these things so much.

I bought him some orange creamsicle gum today. He looked surprised and I told him that it reminded me of him when we were first dating. He always had this orange and cream hard candy. He was surprised that I remembered that from 12 years ago.

Twelve years ago. We have been together for twelve years. We are grown ups. SometimesI am shocked to see myself getting into my Volvo station wagon. It is such a grow up car. We have grown up in so many ways. Now, he is getting his doctorate. I am so proud of him.


No comments: