Saturday, April 18, 2009

As the weather gets warmer, a gentle reminder


I have seen this before and I love it each year.

The 2009 Spring Shoe Pledge (Repeat After Me)...

Every year, we must remind ourselves of the rules. Proper sandal wearing is like riding a bike...one never forgets...however; we must need a brush-up course to keep us current...


As a member of the SHOE DIVA CLUB, I pledge to follow the rules when I wear sandals and other open-toe shoes:

*

I PROMISE to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. The sides and tops of my feet will not protrude out between the strap. This type of protrusion has been and always will be referred to as "bread-a-rising." Keep bread only in the oven.

*

I WILL go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe. I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow. I promise not to tape my toenail onto my toe if it should fall off either.

* I WILL NOT wear suntan pantyhose with open toe or sandals even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother or sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there. Super glue is not an option, either.

* If a strap breaks, I WON'T duct-tape, staple, pin, glue or tuck it back into place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it. A shoe cobbler can be on speed dial.

* I WILL NOT wear toe rings. Hello, the eighties are calling and they want their toe rings back. And for the good of mankind, I will make a sizeable donation to my charity of choice for every toe ring I currently wear.

*

PROMISE to throw away any white/off-white sandals that show signs of wear...nothing is worse than dirty white sandals. WHITE is in, just not dirty white. Replace those with miles with new ones.

1 comment:

Bug said...

ewwwww....tape your toenail back on?

and the part about the polish?

come on...people....you know in the South, it is a RULE that you get a pedicure once a month!

wingli - ey yours,
Memaw